How do I insert an irrigation inline valve below the valve that is controlling the hose ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
This is a follow up or a continuation of this thread
Here is what I have
HhOikjC.jpeg

And I nee d to insert an 1" female to female Orbit in line sprinkler valve between the green handle valve and the hose
It is 1" because this is what I got , the delta cost for going to 3/4" does not make the things simpler
6tQ0h86.png

everything that I have there is 1/2" and I am not sure what is the best way to do this or if it is OK to do this

The idea here is to make sure that the system needs two valves to fail in order to flood my house (or the hose and the main valve)
I want to make sure that while I am away if something breaks it has to be the control valve and either piping or another valve at the same time in order to have a serious flood problem

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not you again. Unthread the 1/2 quick connect hose adapter from the ball valve, thread a 1/2nipple into the ball valve, thread a 1x 1/2 bushing on that, thread the irrigation valve on the 1x1/2 bushing, thread a 1x1/2 bushing in the outlet of the irrigation valve then thread the 1/2 quick connect hose adapter to that.

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Irrigation systems must have backflow prevention to protect water supply.
The type of valve you have is typically used "in" ground.
Anti siphon type is what is used above ground.

Mini Me

Reaction score
Not you again. Unthread the 1/2 quick connect hose adapter from the ball valve, thread a 1/2nipple into the ball valve, thread a 1x 1/2 bushing on that, thread the irrigation valve on the 1x1/2 bushing, thread a 1x1/2 bushing in the outlet of the irrigation valve then thread the 1/2 quick connect hose adapter to that.
I was hopping for something shorter :) I knew that with the right number of adapters I will be able to do it, thank you!

Mini Me

Reaction score
Irrigation systems must have backflow prevention to protect water supply.
The type of valve you have is typically used "in" ground.
Anti siphon type is what is used above ground.
This guys disagrees, see

see Kubisuros comments

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks