2 Tanks, 2 Pumps one House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Marvid

Reaction score
So on my other thread, I had bought a galvanized tank for $5 dollars. Yesterday driving home from work I saw another yard sale nearby and they where selling a jet pump by pentek (guess pentair owns it now) anyways I bought it. The lady told me it wasn't working but for 8$ dollars what the heck. Turns out that the pumps was running on 240 (very uncommon here but who knows) and the capacitor wires where misarranged.

Anyways my current system was about $1750

Salvaged system was $13 dollars.

My question is can I some how run both both systems together? Perhaps Pump A does a cycle with Tank A then Pump B does a cycle with Tank B and then to back to Tank A.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
....My question is can I some how run both both systems together? Perhaps Pump A does a cycle with Tank A then Pump B does a cycle with Tank B and then to back to Tank A.
"Don't fix what's not broke" as the saying goes. You're adding complexity with little or no improvement or gain. For $13 you have yourself a backup pump. A galvanized pressure tank is most likely not a bladder type. The inside could have rust or even a pin hole leak. You could cut it open and make a charcoal grill out of it. :cool:

Marvid

Reaction score
U want pump A to run shut off then on the next call for a pump B comes on then repeats.
Alternating Relay is designed for duplex pumping systems where it is desirable to equalize pump run time.
There are several brands of relays that will do this. Will have to add contactors for motor control.
would it not cause any problems if both pumps ran of the same intake?

Marvid

Reaction score
"Don't fix what's not broke" as the saying goes. You're adding complexity with little or no improvement or gain. For $13 you have yourself a backup pump. A galvanized pressure tank is most likely not a bladder type. The inside could have rust or even a pin hole leak. You could cut it open and make a charcoal grill out of it. :cool:
Tested the tank works and pump works. Holds pressure 29 hours counting so far at 50 psi.

My main reason is to prolong my main system. Perhaps remove my main system and replace it with the salvaged system until it breaks?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks