Fleck 5810 - bad product?

Users who are viewing this thread

Firethorne

Reaction score
We purchased the Fleck 5810 XTR2 in 2020, after receiving recommendations from this page. Due to Covid, we did not actually hook it up until last month. Upon hooking it up, setting the programming, filling up 3 bags of salt, the regen cycle would continue to get stuck in either backwash and draw. Repeating again and again. I have a water leak alert and it was going crazy, I was alerted that my water usage was 150 gallon per hour. So we unplugged it, called the place where we purchased it from and they helped me troubleshoot and even taking it apart. Finally they decided that the 5810 valve is bad, and since it has been discontinued only after coming out for a while, they suggested me not to buy another 5810 but to go instead with the true and tested 5600sxt. My riser tub would be from 1.25 inch to 1 inch, in order to go with the 5600sxt.

My question is, does this not fall under warranty? I would think this is a defective product, please correct me if I'm wrong. I have also scoured FB pages and this page even, to come up to a conclusion that the 5810 was a dud. I am sure there are many people out there who have had luck with this, but I am not in that group. Truly disappointed with this. I called a few water softener technicians who said they would try to repair it, only to sell me with thei r own products. Only one that told me to go with a Clack, as Clack is a better product than Fleck.

The store that I purchased it from is called Aplus water, and they have been excellent, in terms of customer service, even 2 years after purchase. So I don't know where to go from here.

Reach4

Reaction score
The riser used with the 5600sxt is usually 1.05 OD which is the same as 3/4 schedule 40 PVC.
The 5810s are prone to broken pistons. Mine has not broken.

So what did Aplus say about the 5 year warranty?

Firethorne

Reaction score
The riser used with the 5600sxt is usually 1.05 OD which is the same as 3/4 schedule 40 PVC.

At first they said nothing. Basically told me to buy the 5600SXT and new riser tube for $440 delivered. When I asked them about the warranty, they said they can help me return it to Fleck and most probably I would receive a credit, because they cannot replace the 5810. They sent me an invoice for $15 for a shipping label. I paid that and will be shipping it out tomorrow. I notice that the UPS label is going to Tammy at Water Treatment at 1437 Brewster Creek, Bartlett, IL 60103. I looked up on Google, it is Mid America Water Treatment. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks!

Firethorne

Reaction score

I am going to call Fleck tomorrow and ask them about sending the 5810 back to them for warranty.

Firethorne

Reaction score
Called Pentair and they verified that Mid America Water Treatment is one of their OEM distribution center where they would send repairs to. All I can say so far that Aplus customer service is top notch!

Kanni

Reaction score
At first they said nothing. Basically told me to buy the 5600SXT and new riser tube for $440 delivered. When I asked them about the warranty, they said they can help me return it to Fleck and most probably I would receive a credit, because they cannot replace the 5810. They sent me an invoice for $15 for a shipping label. I paid that and will be shipping it out tomorrow. I notice that the UPS label is going to Tammy at Water Treatment at 1437 Brewster Creek, Bartlett, IL 60103. I looked up on Google, it is Mid America Water Treatment. Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks!
Curious as to what you ended up going with in the end. Did you pay $440 for the 5600SXT or go for a Clack/something else? Did you get any credit back for the return of your 5810?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks