Toto's new wall hung toilets: AP, MH, RP, EP - Feedback and Reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Mordy Kaplinsky

Reaction score
They told you that Geberit wall carriers were incompatible with Toto toilets (and visa versa) across the board? That does not make sense, given that Geberit carriers have been around and used for many years for Toto toilets. Toto only started making carriers in recent years, and they were not being installed without carriers. Geberit also lists compatible Toto toilets on their website.

Or, were they telling you that a 1.60 GPF rated carrier from Geberit was not compatible with a 1.28 GPF toilet from Toto? That's a GPF issue rather than a brand issue.
They said that the that the Geberit 1.28 carriers weren't compatible with the AP and EP, despite the fact that they use the same TOTO carriers as the MH and RP which are listed as compatible. But I spoke to the guys at QualityBath.com and they said that the AP is compatible. They posted the information in the product page on their site, which you are free to check out.

I need to use the Geberit due to the option of the angle for the DWV, which is not possible with the TOTO carrier, and will be using the TOTO AP or EP. So after I install I'll post details.

Last edited:

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
They said that the that the 1.28 carriers weren't compatible with the AP and EP, despite teh fact thatt they use the same TOTO carriers as the MH and RP. but I spoke to the guys at QualityBath.com and they said that the AP is compatible. They posted the information in the product page on their site, which you are free to check out.
The EP is definitely compatible with the 1.28 carrier. Here's a link to the EP Washlet "kit" on the TotoUSA site. It says 1.28 right in the description.

I just ordered the WT173M carrier and the EP bowl and the S500e Washlet. I was reluctant to order a 1.28 GPF system but I'm hoping it performs well. I was planning to use the 1.6 GPF Geberit carrier but Tuttles Revenge made me aware of the EP system, which does a nice job of tidying-up the supply hose and the power cord. So I made the decision to switch to the full Toto system.

Another compromise is that Toto offers fewer flush plate finishes than Geberit. I really wanted the Geberit matte black flush plate to coordinate with the matte black fixtures, but oh well.

AnonTrade

Reaction score
The EP is definitely compatible with the 1.28 carrier. Here's a link to the EP Washlet "kit" on the TotoUSA site. It says 1.28 right in the description.

I just ordered the WT173M carrier and the EP bowl and the S500e Washlet. I was reluctant to order a 1.28 GPF system but I'm hoping it performs well. I was planning to use the 1.6 GPF Geberit carrier but Tuttles Revenge made me aware of the EP system, which does a nice job of tidying-up the supply hose and the power cord. So I made the decision to switch to the full Toto system.

Another compromise is that Toto offers fewer flush plate finishes than Geberit. I really wanted the Geberit matte black flush plate to coordinate with the matte black fixtures, but oh well.

Can somebody explain how the supply hose and power cord are tidied up? I am looking at the AP toilet and I am aware of the hole on the AP toilet for feeding through the power cord and supply line but that seems independent of the carrier.

AnonTrade

Reaction score
1. Is the difference that Toto carrier has a supply line and Geberit carrier doesn’t? Couldn’t that be just added during house framing?
2. is the electrical difference related to autoflush since that requires another cord. So if I am not looking for auto-flush, I see the electrical cord in your photo and it seems like that has nothing to do with the carrier.

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
1. Is the difference that Toto carrier has a supply line and Geberit carrier doesn’t? Couldn’t that be just added during house framing?
2. is the electrical difference related to autoflush since that requires another cord. So if I am not looking for auto-flush, I see the electrical cord in your photo and it seems like that has nothing to do with the carrier.

I'm not home to look at it but to the best of my recollection, the difference is that the porcelain has a cast-in pass through that allows both the bidet water supply and electrical cord to drop down through the porcelain rather than drape off the side.

This arrangement makes the water supply line virtually unnoticeable. The electrical cord is still visible because the electrical outlet has to be roughed-in just outside the metal frame of the carrier. But again, the cord is routed from the bidet seat down through the pass-through in the porcelain and then over to the outlet.

I did recently see a unit that completely concealed both the electrical and water connections but as I recall, it was stupid expensive; in the several thousand dollar range. Maybe Kohler? I just can't recall.

AnonTrade

Reaction score
I'm not home to look at it but to the best of my recollection, the difference is that the porcelain has a cast-in pass through that allows both the bidet water supply and electrical cord to drop down through the porcelain rather than drape off the side.

This arrangement makes the water supply line virtually unnoticeable. The electrical cord is still visible because the electrical outlet has to be roughed-in just outside the metal frame of the carrier. But again, the cord is routed from the bidet seat down through the pass-through in the porcelain and then over to the outlet.

I did recently see a unit that completely concealed both the electrical and water connections but as I recall, it was stupid expensive; in the several thousand dollar range. Maybe Kohler? I just can't recall.
Thanks for more information. Here is what I have understood until now:

- As you said, the Toto AP toilet porcelain has a hole through which the bidet and electrical cord will pass through. It doesn't matter whether a Geberit or Toto wall carrier is used with it. However, it does matter whether a Toto Bidet seat versus some other manufacturer is used with it. Toto designs their bidet for the connection to go through this hole. Biobidet has electrical and water connection on two sides of the bidet - so definitely cannot hide both. Brondell bidet has the potential for its connection to go through this hole but they don't know - they should be researching this kind of compatibility stuff. I believe that the EP toilet has a similar hole. Also, when buying the toilet - you can buy the toilet with/without the hole - so you have to be careful.

- Toto has two different carriers that can be used - WT173M and WT173MA. Both of them have the tubing that will ultimately connect to the bidet. WT173MA also has an additional connection to the S550E bidet for the autoflush - i.e. if somebody is buying the S550E for the autoflush capability, they must buy the higher priced WT173MA carrier to work with it but otherwise stick to WT173M.

- Geberit 111.902.00.5 (1.28/0.8GPF), (2x6 construction) is compatible with the AP toilet. However it doesn't have the water connection for the bidet. That can be had with part 249.801.00.1. However, that part is not really necessary - the plumber can directly add another water line for the bidet - definitely true for new construction. Geberit does not have the autoflush connector.

Geberit wall carrier price is all over the place. Even though the list is $672, I have seen a couple of places sell for below $300.

But ignoring the price of the wall carrier, I am thinking of the AP toilet with C5 bidet seat and Geberit carrier - seems like they have been building carriers for a while - hoping for longer reliability and let the builder add the additional water connection for bidet during construction. All told, should be around the $1500-$1600 price range (without installation).

As you said - there are other things out there that are fancier but somehow the price seems to increase exponentially with every little feature. The salesperson even mentioned a $5,000 toilet - probably just priced for the bragging rights for for people who have money to flush down the drain :).

Coolwhip

Reaction score
I will say that the MH has a jet down in the bowl near the water...while the RP only has the 2 jets at the top.

The RP also has a "pressure loss ring" at the inlet, that the MH doesn't have. I don't know it's purpose.

I almost went with the MH, but chose the RP instead solely for the fact that the MH was discontinued. I never got to compare their flushing actions.

I haven't encountered any real problems with the RP, but I do wish it had a little more siphoning action, it seems the bowl never fully empties but it still washes all the waste away. Don't know if the carrier/flush valve changes this at all....I used the RP bowl with the wt152 carrier that I got for super cheap, even though I think it's intended to go with the newer wt17x carriers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks