Kohler Devonshire Faucet-- New Flexible Hose to Tee inlet drips

Users who are viewing this thread

Merry Widow

Reaction score
I have 3 bathroom sinks with the Kohler widespread Devonshire faucets installed in 2006. After getting new countertops in my bath vanities , I noticed a leak underneath one sink at the Tee where the flexible hoses from the faucet valve connect. I installed 2 new hoses. No leak at the valves but I cannot get them to stop leaking at the tee that goes to the faucet. My original 2006 installation booklet stated: "do not use thread sealant. Do not overtighten."
Would it be OK to use Teflon tape here? I know the flexible hoses just screw on but I have looked and cannot see a rubber washer inside the female end and I am afraid to tighten them more in case I crack the fitting. Any advice? I would appreciate it.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take a picture of the fittings your talking about. Generally there should be rubber inside of the hoses.

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have attached pictures of the hoses. They are genuine Kohler. I also included a pic of the TEE. I always get a drip from both sides with the shutoff valves turned to the ON position. When I turn a faucet ON, the tee then has a small stream flowing. I am a novice at this...never attached anything but clothes washer fill hoses!!

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 118
  • kohler Tee with one hose dripping.jpg
    kohler Tee with one hose dripping.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 119

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
To me it looks like that hose was overnighted and the rubber was ripped away from it. Pretty much all hoses have rubber gaskets. The only reason I don't say ALL is because I'm not assuming I know everything. But all hoses should have rubber gaskets, lol.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks