No cold water running to the sinks & toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Megan

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a 2000 oakswood 2/2 trailer it had been sitting since 2016 but with power on. It has a submersible pump & well is pretty deep but dont know how deep. I live in North florida on a high water table but was told the pump & system was really new & someone rented it for 2 years & left. My hot water comes out fine but cold is at a dead stop & when it does come out it has sand. We are pretty sure its sediment build up we ran the hose over night when we first bought it because the previous owner told us too. I know nothing about this & just want to learn before having a plumber come & possibly take advantage of me. The side of the trailer closest to the pump house the cold will work but not at the other end. Pump kicks on but is currently reading 100psi & kicking on at 80psi. I dont know what is good or bad or where to even start I did flush the hot water heater & it was filled with sand. I would appreciate any help I dont know who to talk to & I keep asking people I know but they dont have a clue t.i.a.

Reach4

Reaction score
100 is high. Typically with a well you want it to kick on at 40 and off at 60, or on at 30 and off at 50.

Clearly you have a bad blockage. That blockage is after where the water splits off to go to the input of the water heater, and before the first thing that does not work.

I think you will need somebody to go under the trailer, and track the piping.

Ask for referrals from neighbors as to who is a good plumber. People like sharing such things.

Megan

Reaction score
100 is high. Typically with a well you want it to kick on at 40 and off at 60, or on at 30 and off at 50.

Clearly you have a bad blockage. That blockage is after where the water splits off to go to the input of the water heater, and before the first thing that does not work.

I think you will need somebody to go under the trailer, and track the piping.

Ask for referrals from neighbors as to who is a good plumber. People like sharing such things.

Is there something I can do to make the psi go down? I know there is a pressure switch that I know nothing about & is it high due to blockage?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The gauge could be filled with some sand that is affecting the reading and it is out of calibration.

It is possible the renter, to get more water as the cold water supply dropped, the pressure switch was adjusted to push past the blockage but never cleared it.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Right. I would get a garden hose pressure gauge to confirm the other gauge. That can go onto the drain valve for the pressure tank temporarily. If you really have such high pressures, turning the nut on the big spring should lower both the cut-in and cut-out by about 10 psi. Or replace the pressure gauge.

But I think somebody will have to go under with a flashlight.

The blockage is not causing the high pressure.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I will bet the pressure gauge is stuck on 40. You are really getting 40/60 pressure even though the gauges says 80/100. Turn off power to the pump. Open a faucet to drain the tank completely. If the gauge does not go to zero it is a bad gauge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks