Tub Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Wren

Reaction score
I'm having to modify my earlier drain/vent plans and have the WC venting sorted out with a wet vent from the sink. I'm concerned that the tub trap is too far away from the sink wet vent to protect it from the WC discharge. The photo shows a mock up of what I have. The lengths of the pipe are longer than I would have to use with the longer 2" pipe that connects to the wye actually being about 36" and the 3" from the wye to the wet vent being around 30", for a total distance of around 66" from the tub trap to the vent. Will this work?

If not, I can install an additional vent in the 2" coming off of the tub trap before the 1/8-turn elbow, but I would prefer not to as it's pretty tight in the crawlspace where I'm working.

LQa0HNR.jpg

Thanks very much!

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe you stated that the tub trap and trap arm are 2". Then the applicable restrictions are that:

(1) The 2" tub trap arm has to fall at 1/4" per foot minimum.
(2) The total fall from the tub trap elbow outlet to the 3x3x2 wye inlet can be no more than 2".
(3) Therefore the tub trap arm is limited to 8', which is achievable only with a perfect 1/4" per foot slope.

In particular, the distance from the 3x3x2 wye to the 3x3x2 (or 1-1/2?) combo where the sink comes in does not matter.

Cheers, Wayne

Wren

Reaction score
Thanks, Wayne. Yes, the tub trap and arm are 2".
It sounds as though I should be fine as long as the distance from the trap to the 3 x 2 wye is less than 8' assuming 1/4" fall per foot. As it is now, I'll probably end up with about 3' between the trap and the 3 x 2 wye.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks