Venting a lavatory

Users who are viewing this thread

Bpatterson

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum, I have ran into a problem on a remodel, I need to vent a wall hung sink that’s on a exterior wall that meets the garage, I can’t run the vent up due to a truss sitting right on the wall plate, would it be ok to run the vent up higher than the sink then back down in the crawl space and tie into the vent for the shower any help would be appreciated, thank Brad.

Reach4

Reaction score
Indiana uses IPC 2006.

You can use an AAV.

They make boxes with little vent grilles to hold an AAV in a wall, and make it accessible for replacement.

AAV could go inside the vanity cabinet. It must be 4 or more inches above the trap arm.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
He's talking about an island vent. Yes it's ok. It needs to slope to drain and have cleanouts.

Reach4

Reaction score
He's talking about an island vent. Yes it's ok. It needs to slope to drain and have cleanouts.
Good point. That works, but it is more effort than an AAV. Tying into the shower vent would have to be 6 inches higher than the flood level of the lavatory. I suspect that would be difficult.

Bpatterson

Reaction score
Good point. That works, but it is more effort than an AAV. Tying into the shower vent would have to be 6 inches higher than the flood level of the lavatory. I suspect that would be difficult.
I’m talking about a wall hung sink I can’t run the vent line in the attic, there is no where to get the vent line up the wall and I don’t want to use an aav does anyone have any suggestions how to vent it I don’t want to use an aav box either,

Thanks Brad

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks