Pressure regulating valve

Users who are viewing this thread

HBM

Reaction score
I have had my PRV fail twice in a 2 year period. I believe it is a Wilkins 1 inch 600xl. My question....is there something that is causing premature failure? Is this typical or perhaps I got a lemon? Rebuild kit has fixed it both times.

My thoughts are perhaps debris since new houses are going in nearby (didn't see anything when I rebuilt it)

The pressure at the street is high at 150psi. City water that is pretty hard at 15gpg

HBM

Reaction score
Can you place a wye strainer prior to the PRV to help catch sediment?

I forgot to mention it does have a strainer built into the prv but it always appeared clean. Also I use about 5000 gallons Of water per month.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Being a model with a strainer, that is certainly very abnormal.
I've had defects out of the box, but it is certainly very peculiar.
Nice that rebuild kits worked. I've not had rebuild luck on several 1.25" and 2" of the 600XL and 70XL. That's why I love double union 70XL

zurn-70xl-double-union.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would give Wilkins a call, as this is not what you may expect from their PRVs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks