Grohe Parkfield, leaking tub spout help

Users who are viewing this thread

Antsy

Reaction score
Hi looking for some help. I am a homeowner. The tub spout in our tub/shower combo is leaking out the bottom. We took the tub spout off to have a look. What is usually the cause of this? I've included some pictures. We cleaned up all the silicone, cleaned up the black ring and put it where it should have been. We bought a new o-ring and installed it on the stub but we don't think it is the correct size. We put the tub spout back on and it still leaks but not as much. Is the stub that sticks out of the wall replaceable and is it specific to the brand of faucet? Could this be the problem?

We were able to look at the back of the plumbing behind the wall. When the house was built 4 years ago plumber installed the valve backwards and they had to go through the wall in the closet to fix. I had them leave an access panel for future repairs. There was no leaking from any of the plumbing in there.

Just looking for ideas on what could be the problem.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_5082.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5080.jpg
    IMG_5080.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5083.jpg
    IMG_5083.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 153

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't hurt to replace that o-ring on the brass nipple at the wall either while you're at it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks