Champion flapper replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

PlayaSusia

Reaction score
I have a two piece American Standard with an old style Champion flapper that is leaking. The model number is stamped on the inside of the tank but very lightly, crooked and uneven so I can't make it out. I've had the toilet since 2005 and have replaced the gasket once before with a Korky replacement and it fixed the leak at the time so I didn't give it another though. Recently its been leaking again so again I changed the gasket and it hasn't helped any. I've only now been reading about all the problems American Standard had with this original flush tower and how they discontinued and redesigned a few years after.

Anyway what's the recommended replacement brand or part? I've been reading reviews and see people complaining about the Champion 4 flapper as well. Is a universal replacement from Korky or Fluidmaster better or should I stick with a Champion 4? The toilet is in a tight location so I don't want to have to take it apart more than once.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
New style Champion flush valve

champion-4-flush-valve-replacement-01.jpg

champion-toilet-tank-to-bowl-coupling-kit.jpg

Tank to bowl kit
738756-0070A

Champion 2 Piece Toilet Tank to Bowl Coupling Kit (Blister Pack 100) (americanstandard-us.com)

as-tank-to-bowl-738756-0070a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks