Installing Moen Flo - Question about Bonding Wire and Soldering

Users who are viewing this thread

Cai24

Reaction score
I am planning to install a Moen Flo, which turns the water off in the event a leak is detected. I’m not sure how I address the bonding wire. It runs to right above the existing gate valve. Do I need to terminate the bonding wire above the Moen Flo and then somehow splice it to run it underneath? It seems like it would be easier to just run it right around the Flo, but I don’t know if that’s acceptable (or if I even have enough length).

My basement walls have foil/bubble wrap insulation. Is it safe to solder against this, or should I buy a heat shield?

C446B66C-992F-4465-A881-DE5BA62CD7D3.jpeg

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ask Moen whether the thing is metallic/conductive, that info is not apparent from Moen's descriptions. If so, there would be no need to alter your electrical connection,
except that if it is not just a bond, but part of the grounding electrode system, it would need to be within 5 feet of where it enters the building.
Bubble wrap contains meltable plastic, and should be shielded from soldering heat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks