How to hang 2” brass pipe off plywood

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
I have a 2” brass pipe manifold that I need to hang.

It is about 5’ wide (PE to mpt, valve, double check valve, tee to sprinkler, sprinkler solenoid, tee to cold, tee to water heater, tee to secondary cold) and therefore heavy.

I was thinking to hang it off plywood. Or, with rods down the the floor joists.

But I am concerned about galvanic corrosion if I use a iron hanger.

I’d appreciate hearing what a more experienced person would do (which would be everyone reading this).

Thank you!

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...vy_Series_Clamp_Body.pdf?17899299915100683072
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...vy_Series_Clamp_Body.pdf?17899299915100683072
thought this may interest you..

I’ve also used a regular galvanized split ring oversized and used a plastic pipe as a sleeve to prevent corrosion.

using galvanized with either a piece of ice and water sheild or rubber between it snd the pipe seems like a great solution.

any reason why not?

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Brass can be used as an insulator to prevent galvanic corrosion between copper and steel. You should be good to go.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Brass can be used as an insulator to prevent galvanic corrosion between copper and steel. You should be good to go.

What I used to do is use a piece of sheet lead either on a riser clam or a clevis hanger as lead protects the piping and supports

Reach4

Reaction score
But I am concerned about galvanic corrosion if I use a iron hanger.
gold-galvanized-superstrut-struts-za716-1-10-64_100.jpg
There are also cushioned pipe clamps for strut.
black-pipe-double.jpg

I am not saying you should worry, but if you will feel better, it's worth it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
cush clamps on strut is real good way . cheaper bell hangars be fine as well . plastic j hooks nailed to joist another. felt around copper protects well for noise or corrosion

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks