Kohler Cimmaron opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

digdugger

Reaction score
Just bought a Kohler Cimarron from my big box orange store. I know everyone loves Toto but expensive I think? Though I think I glanced one at big box blue store on a parts dash, but don't recall price? Anyhow installed my Kohler and has the aqua suction thing. Some say online it has a strong flush, but I find it somewhat demure , and gives a bit of a chug-chug sound when flushing. One loose BM and had to flush twice, though to be fair most times it has cleared the bowl. Was box store sticker "recommended" due to consumer study , and HD website has 4 or more stars... opinions? Do these stingy 1.28gal toilets tend to allow more poo buildup/clogs in your sewer pipe?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF you end up paying suggested retail on either Kohler or Toto, they can be expensive, but in general...head-to-head, the prices are similar. Either one has some quite expensive options...Toto may have more of them, but they both have toilets that retail in the $4k range and down into the few hundred dollar range. Some of it is style, some of it is QA/QC, and as a result, some of it is personal preference. If you get a good one and you like how it works, that's all that matters. IMHO, you have a better chance of reliably getting that from Toto, and some of the designs aren't the greatest from Kohler.

As to 1.28g toilets...none of them have as much bowl wash as 3.5 or older, sometimes as much as 7-8g toilets. But, often, the difference between 1.28 and 1.6g ones is finer calibrations so they don't waste any water so they can lower the volume used.

k-3887_a1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HenryAquatic

Reaction score
"IF you end up paying suggested retail on either Kohler or Toto, they can be expensive, but in general...head-to-head, the prices are similar. Either one has some quite expensive options...Toto may have more of them, but they both have toilets that retail in the $4k range and down into the few hundred dollar range."

Hmm, good point! Thanks for the tip, Jim!

Mikey123

Reaction score
"IF you end up paying suggested retail on either Kohler or Toto, they can be expensive, but in general...head-to-head, the prices are similar. Either one has some quite expensive options...Toto may have more of them, but they both have toilets that retail in the $4k range and down into the few hundred dollar range."

Hmm, good point! Thanks for the tip, Jim!
How do you get the TOTO at not retail? I am seeing a huge price difference in the Drake II ($400) vs the Cimarron at home depot for $170
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Drake II does sell for more than the Cimarron. Either will work just fine. I do give a slight edge to the Drake II if you can afford it.

Mikey123

Reaction score
The TOTO Drake II does sell for more than the Cimarron. Either will work just fine. I do give a slight edge to the Drake II if you can afford it.
Thanks Terry. Would you say that the toto drake II is worth double the price of the:
Cimarron Rev 360 2-piece 1.28 GPF Single Flush Round-Front Complete Solution Toilet in White, Seat Included

in terms of reliability, flush power, and comfort of use?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you look at Terry's store webpage, you should get an idea of the prices you should be able to find. He does not ship since he just had too many damaged in shipment, but knowing a reasonable selling price, you should be able to call a few places, tell them you're ready to buy, give them the exact part number so they don't have to waste time on you, and you might be surprised. Lots of supply houses either carry them, or can order them. When shipped on a pallet, bundled as they usually are to vendors, they generally arrive intact. That can't be said when you involve someplace like UPS or FEDEX on a one-off in a box alone sent to a home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks