Downspout Drain still draining long after rain

Users who are viewing this thread

RMS_00001

Reaction score
Hi, trying to diagnose some symptoms. All of our gutters are tied to downspouts then drains to the street. One of the drains continues to drain water long after it has rained...like 24 hours later there is still water draining to the street. We are the only house on the street.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

RMS_00001

Reaction score
To clarify, we are the only house on the street that has water flowing out of a drain into the street.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
how much water? are there any retaining walls that have French drains sending water to street? what about a sump in basement sending water out to street ? catch basins ? to suggest a few

JWT1010

Reaction score
If you have a perimeter drain around the house and the rainwater leader are tied into the perimeter drain it maybe ground water.

Our neighbor will leave their sprinkler running on their grass for hours. It takes about 5 hours for the water to seep 40' underground from where the sprinkler is to our perimeter drain.

RMS_00001

Reaction score
Yes, we have French drains around the perimeter of our house from basement waterproofing. I just didn't realize that could still be draining water 24-48 hours after rain stopped. I guess the water is a good thing!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks