Water leaking from wall and onto carpet below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yep, got the call about the dreaded water on the carpet, with a slightly moist wall. I checked things with my moisture meter and the wall board wasn't too bad. Really almost dry in fact. The carpet below was wet, up against an outside wall with four feet of backfilled dirt on the high side of the home. There had already been some floor drainage work done for water seeping up from the floor.

I pulled the panel from the wall and found this.
Water on carpet, leak in wall, cracked pipe.

wall-leak-1.jpg

This is for the upstairs kitchen sink and to the left a bathroom lav. It was pretty wet on the rim joist.

wall-leak-2.jpg

I could feel it being damp on the backside fitting facing away from me. I decided to cut out the 45 and replace it.

wall-leak-4.jpg

The new pipe and fitting in place.

wall-leak-5.jpg

The pipe was cracked here. It looks pretty bad when you spread the pipe apart.

wall-leak-6.jpg

And you can see the sludge from the kitchen sink on the back side that wasn't visible from my side.

wall-leak-3.jpg

How it looked when finished.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks