Is this combo a good solution to stub out under the sink and behind the toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
On this page scroll down till you see these
I am planning to install these as a solution for stubbing out for the for the toilet. This is for pex
Any opinions on this?

LkY8q6M.png

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Looks good to me. But, we almost NEVER stub out in PEX. WE stub out only with copper.
The sharkbite angle stops work great.

Mini Me

Reaction score
I did say I will use it for the sink but I changed my mind as the sink stubouts will be behind a floating cabinet and it would be a waste of money. I will still use the sharkbite valve but I will use the copper stub outs

The toilet is a special case ...when the basement was finished and this bathroom was created there was no room for framing behind the toilet (don't know why) so just behind the toilet there is above the grade windows in a sort of niche since the wall has proper insulation and framing for the rest of it
For that reason I do not have too much space to play with for my piping. There is the black tar paper and then like 1" of blue polystyrene insulation board and then drywall.
So I will have to run my 1/2" PEX in that space and then use a elbow to come out of the wall so the above will somehow protect and rigidize the PEX and still look nice behind the toilet sit.
It is the best I can do. The copper stub outs with a flange seem to need more that 2" behind

Mini Me

Reaction score
don't know other way to do it when it is a flat wall (cinder block) and I only have 2" to hide that behind the drywall

Reach4

Reaction score
don't know other way to do it when it is a flat wall (cinder block) and I only have 2" to hide that behind the drywall
I used split escutcheons around adapters screwed into 3/8 fip input stop valves.
index.php
index.php

I used 3 split escutcheons screwed to the back wall to mount the toilet and lavatory valves. You would think there would be a regular product made to do this.

In two cases I made little wood disks to fit behind to keep the screws from denting the escutcheon in. I forget how I did it all. I should have taken more pictures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks