Biden's new infrastructure plan, but why is he also adding bidet seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cole Sear

Reaction score
Watching the news last night I see that we're finally moving on infrastructure for the US. Reminds me of what I read about the 1950's and all the super highways that were built in our parents days. It all made a lot of sense except for one thing. Bidet seats for some states. Something about places with few trees getting bidet seats from the government to offset logging. And then it was mentioned that with the new building going on, we needed the trees for lumber and not disposable paper. I'm thinking, well...........sure why not. Save the trees for homes, and give people bidet seats to save the trees. I mean as I travel in Asia, I see that they expect the same thing. I guess we're becoming more like China and Japan, especially if we are expecting to compete with them.

So I'm ready for a bidet Mr. Biden. I think it's going to be really cool.

paper-trees.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Making toilet paper has environmental costs, as well as continued costs in the sewage treatment plants, not counting those that might use a major wad of the stuff and clog up their pipes and maybe require the services of a plumber. Then, they have to do something with the processed wastes from that plant, so cutting down on the volume has advantages. An extra liter of water you might use on a bidet is minor in the scheme of things. One has to look at the big picture...many things are interconnected.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did they actually mention Bidet seats specifically in the infrastructure plan? I can't find any reference. We already sell a Lot of Bidets and Washlets

Fitter30

Reaction score
I was waiting for him to outlaw eating meat and getting rid of cows because of the
methane and cow farts that AOC wants to outlaw....

its getting really surreal
Don't you think indy is surreal with the two pyramid buildings worked one of them 10 years ago for three days fixing a leak in a trane chiller.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Don't you think indy is surreal with the two pyramid buildings worked one of them 10 years ago for three days fixing a leak in a trane chiller.
There is nothing really exciting about this town..its just ok, and its flat as hell around here. I would rather be living near Seattle myself. Its a fairly simple life style here and much safer than larger cities. People are tame and easy going, and the pace is slow, slow, slow , their is really not all that much to do to speak of... That is why I go out to the western states for vacation,
The cost of living is very low here compared to many other areas and we have a good running business so its fine .......

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I put tons of bidets in back in the 80s the Kohler faucet had about 100 parts in the box. mostly just those 300 dollar Costco or big box fancy seats now.
Interesting and unsurprising current administration would be doing this . (even if op is just pulling our leg) not surprising.
I watched the democrat primary debates and by hearing all of the candidates every single one was promising to end oil use and some very strong changes to in their opinions help the environment. So nothing surprising at all , had Biden not got the nomination, and say Barry or Ms Warren or Amy Globuch these policy likely been even more . Perhaps more stringent water usage could create more money in plumbing industry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks