Delta Multichoice R22000 stringer width

Users who are viewing this thread

PAB

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the stringer width for the install of my R22000.
the manual indicates the distance from the stringer to the finished wall needs to be 2 9/16" +/- 1/4".
my walls are 2x6. therefore that's 5.5 inches deep.
I'm using 1/2" kerdi board.
the ceramic tile going on top of the kerdi board is 9mm thick (0.3543").

I don't know how to account for the amount of thinset between the kerdi and the tile. without thinset, I end up with a stringer width of 3.79". That's:
5.5" + 0.5" + 0.35" - 2.5625".

Two questions:
1. how much should i account for with thinset (using all-set).
2. do you think I've missed anything in my calculations?

thanks!!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
With delta valves and an unknown build up.. I always set my Max depth(furthest forward).. to the minimum build that I know I will encounter. That leaves the maximum distance of valve sticking out beyond. You know you have some form of board, thinset and tile.. the only variable is how much build up you have in case the rough framing isn't 100% true. Delta valves trim don't suffer from sticking out a bit far like Moen trim does.

r22000-installation-01.jpg

PAB

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not sure that I follow. Are you indicating that the stringer depth is set so that you're not including items that you're not sure of, such as thinset and rough framing issues, and then when the delta sticks out beyond the finished wall, delta valves will still work and look fine?

for my example in my original post, based on my understanding of your post, i'd set the stringer depth to approx 3.8" and the thinset etc won't matter too much b/c delta valves are forgiving for being beyond the finished wall.

i'm new to this and still (and hopefully always) learning.

thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks