Must I drop the stub out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gips

Reaction score
Will I be OK with this after remodeling with a deeper ink? Stub out is high but...?

97E1D7F0-5776-45EA-8776-96C531E5FA29.jpeg

frodo

In the Trades
Reaction score
yes. cut the wall open and lower the tee

add a clean out while you are in the wall

you want the center line of the drain tee at 17'' from the floor

PlumbNuts

SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
riverviewplumbingrepair.com
Was a single standard sink, now double, haven’t put in the drain yet. Won’t have a disposal.
Was curious, I only see one sink adapter and a continuous waste; those don't usually go together.
If it is going to be a double bowl sink then based on your picture you are going to have to open the wall and lower the tee.
An added cleanout as Frodo suggested would be a good idea since you have the wall open anyway.

Gips

Reaction score
yes. cut the wall open and lower the tee

add a clean out while you are in the wall

you want the center line of the drain tee at 17'' from the floor
Stub out is centered at 19 1/2, the horizontal tube is at 18 5/8 and the bottom of the sink drain is 21, all off floor. It’s going to be real tough to get into the wall now that the new cabinets are in place so I’m hoping to squeak by with what I have now. If I do have to lower it, how high off floor would you recommend? The floor of the cabinet is 4 5/8 off the floor

Last edited:

PlumbNuts

SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
riverviewplumbingrepair.com
Stub out is centered at 19 1/2, the horizontal tube is at 18 5/8 and the bottom of the sink drain is 21, all off floor. It’s going to be real tough to get into the wall now that the new cabinets are in place so I’m hoping to squeak by with what I have now

As long as you are prepared to have constant blockages go for it.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
How tall are your cabinets and how deep is your sink?

If your cabinets are 34.5" from the finished floor and your sink is 9-5/8" deep AND you use shallow basket strainers AND you use a direct connect continuous waste.... You can leave your rough in at 19.5" above the floor.

frodo

In the Trades
Reaction score
Back and forth on the exact height is a waste of time

cut the back of the cabinet out. and install a tee below the tee already installed and call the old one your new Cleanout.
but a CO adapter and cap.

you will need to buy 2 PROFLEX shielded 2'' pl x pl bands to install the new tee
1'' below the hub of the existing tee. CUT THE PIPE > THEN glue into your new tee
2 pieces of 2'' pvc. 2 1/2'' long. FROM THE CUT. measure down what ever the tee with short make up pipes is
make a mark. then make another mark 1/4'' below that. THIS IS YOUR CUT MARK

install both bands and tee. tighten bands
go buy a sheet of 1/4'' plywood. cut it the size of the back of the cabinet, drill holes for your pipes. paint
install the plywood. hook up sink.. if drain is low. buy an extension
drink a beer

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks