Sprinkler head pop up or riser mounted

Users who are viewing this thread

HappyLaker

Reaction score
I am planning a sprinkler system for the cottage at the lake. After receiving back from rainbird a 42 head watering system, I thought how crazy is that LOL. I just wanted something simple & decent. I have come up with a plan for a 4-5 zone system with 3 sprinkler heads per zone. I was originally thinking of the Rainbird 42SA popup head style, however I am now thinking maybe of using some of the riser mounted impact sprinkler heads (brass or plastic). I can install these impact heads very closer to different objects in our yard such as large rocks and other landscaping objects, under corner of decks etc, which should prevent any damage from riding mower. They would be 99.9% out be out of the way.

I would like to ask what your opinion is of using the impact heads rather than the pop up's? I figured the impact style seem built more robust and stand up better, easier to set pattern, higher distances/spacing, as well IMO seem it would be so much easier to change heads if/when necessary.

Opinions and advise would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Impact sprinklers are louder. Higher pressures from your pump help throw farther.

Less precise, but since you are not worried about containing the water to strict boundaries, impact may be fine.

Last edited:

HappyLaker

Reaction score
Impact sprinklers are louder. Higher pressures from your pump help throw farther.

Less precise, but since you are not worried about containing the water strict boundaries, may be fine.
Great point never thought about noise. COuld be an issue at 5am lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks