Navien NPE240A with Recirc Pump New Home Build questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Levin

Reaction score
We are having a new home built in the Sarasota FL area. One of the options is the Navien NPE240A with the recrirc. pump. If I chose this option the house is plumped with a hot water loop. The way the houses are built in this area it takes forever to get hot water to certain areas of the house.
Is this a worthwhile option? Are Navien good units?
Does the recirc pump cause the energy costs to go way up?
We have the choice to have it installed in the garage or on the outside (which would leave me with more garage space) the garage. Any thoughts on this? The house we live in now has the unit (not a Navien) outside the garage.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

TJanak

Reaction score
We built a house and moved in at Christmas. NPE240A with recirculation loop. Near instant hot water is nice. My loop is fairly long, probably 85' one way, with the water heater in the detached garage. It is eating more propane than I'd like. 250 gal tank filled to 75% capacity at Christmas is down to 40% and the only other gas appliance is the cooktop. My next purchase will be the Navien NaviLink or Remote Controller to schedule recirculation. Mainly just want to shut off recirc for 6 hrs or so when everyone is sleeping and see what that gains me.

Leaning towards the NaviLink but probably need to call Navien to see which product (if either) will allow me to program a different schedule on different days of the week. I was going to turn off the water heater when we left Friday to be gone for three days but we just started the dishwasher as we left. With the NaviLink I could have shut it off remotely 3 hrs later if I wanted.

I personally would not want the unit outside. Too damn expensive for that.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Recirculation mode can be started by a hot button ( can be a motion sensor) or Intelligent Preheating: Learns the user's hot water usage patterns and starts preheating prior to an anticipated draw or a remote control. There a good heater would want to check model that they spec and gpm to temperature rise.

Monguila

Reaction score
I have the 210A with a dedicated return line that I just installed. The dedicated return line made a significant improvement. I have the recirc pump on a timer, using Navien's remote control.

I am very satisfied with the unit and Navien.

My WH is in the garbage, as I prefer mechanical units protected; but just a personal preference.

Since you have a new build, I recomend that you consider installing a whole house carbon filter and water softener.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks