How can I reduce splashing from un-aerated Glacier Bay faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Le Roy

Reaction score
I recently installed two Glacier Bay bathroom sink faucets purchased at Home Depot. Faucet model is HD67750W-6101. These faucets look good, and installed fine, but they did not come with aerators and the smooth stream of water they produce splashes back up from the bottom of the sink excessively. I contacted Home Depot, but apparently they don't carry aerators for this faucet (I wish I'd known that before purchasing and installing). These units have a rectangular spout opening, so none of the typical replacement aerators will fit. Other than totally replacing both faucets, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can reduce the splashing, or, where I might find aerators that will fit?

Le Roy

Reaction score
What I do on some faucets that flow too fast is partially close the angle stops.

Thanks for this suggestion, but even when barely turned on the stream splashes. The problem is not excessive rate of flow, but the fact that the stream is laminar.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you get creative you can probably find a set of washer filter screens to install on your supply lines that go into your faucet like the screens on a cloths washer hose. Might do the trick. If you have to, you could double up the screens to reduce the flow.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If you have to, you could double up the screens to reduce the flow.
I already suggested reducing the flow but according to the OP, it is not about the volume of flow. Unless there is a way to install an aerator to change the nature of the stream leaving the spout, then replacing it with a different style that has an aerator is probably the best option.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
I already suggested reducing the flow but according to the OP, it is not about the volume of flow. Unless there is a way to install an aerator to change the nature of the stream leaving the spout, then replacing it with a different style that has an aerator is probably the best option.

Ide still try my idea, it may not work but then ide know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks