Price Pfister Treviso, Help identifying shower faucet manufacturer

Users who are viewing this thread

CuriousMind

Reaction score
Greetings

I have a leaking shower faucet and I wanted to see if someone might recognize manufacturer of the faucet?

I am trying to figure our which valve to purchase.

Also, is there a good way to determine whether a valve seat should be replaced? Or is it better to simply replace it?

Thank you in advance for any tips.

20210211_204423.jpg
20210211_214516.jpg
20210211_214527.jpg
20210211_221314.jpg

CuriousMind

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Pfister finally sent to me new cartridges but they seem to be different. Any thoughts if they sent to me the wrong model ?

20210227_120530.jpg
?

CuriousMind

Reaction score
Hi @Marlinman

I was able to install cartridges once I found the black plastic sleeves. My first thought, that it was part of the packaging. :)

When I installed the shower diverter, I noticed on the old part I had `W` & `P-P`. Do they indicate anything important? Should I have installed the new part a certain way?

Attachments

• 20210228_173554.jpg
    20210228_173554.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20210228_173602.jpg
    20210228_173602.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 107

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The lettering has no significance anymore. At one time only factory parts could have these markings but now I see replicas with the same lettering. On installation the diverter stem should be turned counterclockwise to hold the diverter washer tight and centered. If it works you done good.

CuriousMind

Reaction score
Hi @Marlinman

Thank you for your guidance and patience. I think I messed up yet again. When I installed the diverter, the handle is not lined up properly.

With the handle turned to the left (picture 2), the water is coming through the spout, when turned to the right, the water is coming through the shower head (picture 1).
I am attaching pics for your reference.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong?

Water through shower head.jpg
Water through spout.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks