Asbestos in ceiling, what to do??

Users who are viewing this thread

Mia333

Reaction score
My roomate took small asbestos ceiling sample in his room, was scraping 20 min because it was harder, like a paint, didnt see any white dust, but when i rubbed the ceiling before i had white powder on my finger.

Is there lot of asbestos now? Is it safe to go there? (it has bed, carpet... where it could land) What could I do to make sure it is asbestos free as much as possible? Can I vacuum the carpet there?

Should he buy proper mask and special clothes while painting the small hole? Should he wet it before painting?

Also clothes and stuff were rubbing against this asbestos ceiling since its inside big closet. How to best safely clean the stuff? Do I need to hire asbestos cleaning company?

Also which mask and vacuum is good for asbestos?

Any advice appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks