Clack Valves from Canadian Water Warehouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
I found this vendor offering Clack valves: CWW Ltd. And I'm a just slightly put on guard by their listing of the model WS1EA (EE). Similarly, they list a model WS125EE (EA).

When I queried the vendor via email, they replied that EE and EA were the same valve.

Does this make sense to anyone. If so, please kindly explain. Also, do the prices look reasonable?

Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
Clack WS1 is a 1" valve whereas WS1.25 is configured for 1.25" water service.

The sizes I did know. Those are obvious enough. My question was rather the designation EA, that in relation to EE, which CCW says are the same. I see no EA listed on the Clack website. What then, is EA? Why call it EA if is really the same as EE? This confuses.

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
The sizes I did know. Those are obvious enough. My question was rather the designation EA, that in relation to EE, which CCW says are the same. I see no EA listed on the Clack website. What then, is EA? Why call it EA if is really the same as EE? This confuses.
I recently ran across a WS1tt which is an eye valve. I think some suppliers/dealers have their own designation to distinguish themselves from the competition.

Treeman

Reaction score
Here's both model's manuals and on page 4 , item 4 has different part numbers - that's the circuit board (brains) of the controller.

Also, page 16 of the older EE manual has a revisions page while the newer EA does not.

https://www.cwwltd.com/content/pdf/CLACK-WS1EA-MANUAL.pdf
http://www.puritanwater.net/files/75017398.pdf

I'm going to take a wild guess that they are probably the same, except with different generation of control board and revisions/corrections of the instruction manual.

Email the company (Clack) and let us know the answer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
After perusing the manuals, I note these differences:

On the EA, any or all of the 6 cycles can be set to OFF.
On the EE, only Regen/Refill can be set to OFF.

This would seem to make the EA even more versatile than the Nelson C-Series. Do I err? If so, please tell how and where exactly?

Jaswest2754

Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing a clack ws1 from them to replace a cheap knock off valve (only got a year and a half out of it) that came with my hardware store greensand filter. How was the process and do they come with a bypass or do I have to purchase that separately?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks