Clack "5 button", EE, or EA for Katalox Lite with Ozone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
Had discovered conflicting information on which Clack valve to use with Ozotech EOG for Katalox Lite. Sources differed in specifying either an EA, EE, or 5-button Clack valve.

See final section at bottom.

EE Argument:

Ozotech's own website for the EOG specifically names the "EE board" as being required. I have one quote from a US vendor for a Katalox Light AIO3 system line-item listing WS1EE as the valve.

A first email to me from Ozotech stated, "The EOG II is designed to be used on the WS1 valve with an EE control board."

EA Argument:

Several websites offer for sale "Iron Breaker" units featuring a WS1EA with Katalox Lite.

EE/EA Confusion:

The website of Canadian Water Warehouse lists for sale Clack WS1EA (EE) valves, providing a programming manual for WS1EA but spec sheet for WS1EE.

5-Button Argument:

By telephone, one vendor explained as follows: 1) Clack now ships only 5-button units with EOG pre-installed. 2) The 5-button unit allows for elimination of 2nd backwash so that O3 is not flushed out. 3) This is the new, most proper way, and other examples are out-of-date.

A PDF instruction from the Nelson website for how to install an EOG shows a 5-button board in all of the photos.

A second email to me from Ozotech clarifies thus, "The dealers that are saying that the 5 button valve is best because the 2nd backwash is easily turned off in the dealer programming are correct. The EE can be configured to do the same but it has to be tricked in order to do so. The 5 button OEM boards are the best option."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
I have received a correction to part of something I attempted to quote from memory of a telephone conversation above. Regarding the 5-button valve, I am informed...

"The 5 button board is a proprietary board that eliminates the second backwash cycle in the regeneration process. It is not a standard 5 button Clack softener board. This is deliberately done by Clack to prevent standard softener valves from being used for AIO and AIO3. The second back wash being in the program scheme, immediately exhaust the bubble of O2 or O3 rendering it ineffective as designed."

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
the EE 4 button is what you want. the 5 button (as I understand) allows for ability to tweek more programming settings. dittohead may have some clarification on this.

Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
EE is highly programmable. Proprietary valves are great, highly programmable with lots of special features.

As Ozotech themselves now recommends the Clack 5-button valve specifically, does that have a designation other than just "5-button"? I have manuals for the EE, but not sure how to obtain manuals for the 5-button.

Alternately, if going with the EE, can I not just turn off the 2nd backwash in that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks