Pedestal Sink Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Anotherpyr

Reaction score
So the wife wants a pedestal sink. We were looking at the Toto LPT972. I’ve never had a pedestal sink, but I’m looking at the diagram and I don’t think it’ll work in this bathroom.

First the supply lines come out of the floor, not the walls. This is because (and I’m guessing this is why) the wall where the cold water would normally come out has the cold air return for the room above it.

Second it looks like they expect the drain and supply lines to be at specific locations. But there is no indication of just how close they need to be. The drain comes out of the wall lower and to the left of where the center of the sink would need to be by at least an inch if not an inch and a half. I should add there is a stud preventing it from being where the center of the sink would go,

Am I making this harder than it really is? Or are pedestal sinks that tight to the wall?

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If your going to see the water supplies sticking out of the floor it kind of defeats the purpose. the drain outlet has to be close to center on the pedestal.
I personally would look at some other alterative. just me.

Anotherpyr

Reaction score
If your going to see the water supplies sticking out of the floor it kind of defeats the purpose. the drain outlet has to be close to center on the pedestal.
I personally would look at some other alterative. just me.

I can move the water lines to be behind the pedestal, it just depends on how close it is to the wall. As far as close to center for the drain the question is how close? I think I might be able to move to up to an inch which would have it pretty much centered. I’m replacing the drywall so I’ll be able to see if the drain can be moved. I’m guessing there is at least enough space to get my hand behind it to screw the bracket down.

I’m guessing I really won’t know until I have the sink and pedestal as the drawings they have don’t give a complete 3D view of it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thought I replied a day or so ago but guess I forgot to post. Its actually better to have the sink then to follow rough in specs . I get a little teed off when you follow the book and it doesn't work or just not as good or easy. If lav has a hangar be sure to install blocking in wall using those dumb drywall anchors can be a PIA. Just mock it up on the floor you might look at instructions but trust your gut on the rough in spec.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks