Rusting Drain Pipe NYC

Users who are viewing this thread

TonyBotzZz

Reaction score
Hello. My drain appears to be slowly leaking. I attached 2 photos of the pipe and of the leaking area. What can I do. Thanks.

20210209_115756.jpg
20210209_115803.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Rules for NYC are different than other parts of NY.

Skoronesa

Reaction score
You need a piece of 4" pipe, probably cast iron to comply with fire code. Then you can use some 4" four band no-hub connectors. You'll put the inner rubber piece on first and roll it back.

This all assumes you don't have someone above you who will flush. If you have to coordinate other tenants I suggest just hiring a plumber or calling your super.

TonyBotzZz

Reaction score
The pipe goes from the basement all the way up my house. I don't have tenants so I don't have to worry about that. If I cut the bad piece out to be replaced will the pipe drop?

Reach4

Reaction score
The pipe goes from the basement all the way up my house. I don't have tenants so I don't have to worry about that. If I cut the bad piece out to be replaced will the pipe drop?
Probably. Assume it will. It would be necessary to support the weight above before cutting. Look up "riser clamp".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks