What do the pros consider the "correct" PRV pressure setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
I live on a street with city water supplied at around 120 PSI. Our PRV was just replaced, and the plumber adjusted the new PRV for 70 PSI. I think I've seen recommendations here for around 60 PSI, but I can't find that right now via search. (The new PRV is a lead-free Watts 25AUB.)

I have to admit it feels good to have decent water pressure through all the (EPA-mandated) low-flow fixtures, just want to be sure we're not going to extremes. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Watts 25AUB has a filter screen, so if flow drops off, you might want to check the screen.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
As long as there is no water hammer or issues im ok at 70 prefer a little lower . I got mine set lower cant remember ill guess 55 but most of my hosebibs are unregulated so those work real good

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks