Enough clearance for a Drake II

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I want to buy a Drake II CST454CEFG. My supply line comes up through the floor. It is 7 to 8 inches away from the middle of the exitway in the back of my CST704. Do you think that will be ok for a Drake II to go in?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst454-footprint.jpg

How about a picture of what you have?

Reaction score
Hope this is ok. I don't know why is is sideways, it is as it should be on my phone and computer. The piece close to the floor on the valve does not tighten, it will just keep rotating. There is what looks to be like a thin clip above it that slides in horizontally. At least that is what it looks like. I have never seen anything like that before. Probably can't tell from the picture. From the looks of it I would have thought it tightens just like the end of a hose to the outdoor faucet but it will just keep turning. Are you familiar with it?

IMG_0263[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Hope this is ok. I don't know why is is sideways, it is as it should be on my phone and computer. The piece close to the floor on the valve does not tighten, it will just keep rotating. There is what looks to be like a thin clip above it that slides in horizontally. At least that is what it looks like. I have never seen anything like that before. Probably can't tell from the picture. From the looks of it I would have thought it tightens just like the end of a hose to the outdoor faucet but it will just keep turning. Are you familiar with it?
I think Keeney 2622PCPOLF https://www.homedepot.com/p/KEENEY-...-Lock-Quarter-Turn-Valve-2622PCPOLF/301746543

Berry

Reaction score
Yes, if you mean 7 to 8" to the left of the middle, mine had less clearance than that and it worked

Here is a before pic with the old toilet

index.php

And an after pic with the Drake II installed

index.php

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes, that is it or just like it
If you want to remove to swap for a different size output etc, turn off the water supply, relieve the water pressure such as by flushing etc, remove the clip and pull the collar (outer ring that is close to the wall) toward the valve body.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks