Difficulty finding a type of sloped bowl toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

WordGypsy

Reaction score
I apologize for my lack of knowledge of wrongful use of any terms beforehand.
I’ve had a trusty Eljer toilet for over a decade which needs to be sent out to pasture. I unknowingly had an elongated comfort height seat (16.5-17) all along. But my favorite thing about my toilet is the shape of the interior part of the bowl.
By that I mean the way it slopes downward right into the water spot? (I think that’s what it’s called)
It easily flushes any waste and works very well.
I love the larger area that leads into the opening.

Anyway, as I researched some toilets, I had difficulty finding Eljer, then I found them although I’ve gotta see if they’ll deliver to Connecticut.

My main issue was finding out that SO many toilets have a very high interior bowl design which is a huge problem for me. I detest them. To make it worse most places selling toilets online won’t show the inside of the toilet. (Boggles my mind) Even Home Depot or Lowe’s has them hanging up high like 12 feet in the air. The boxes of them underneath don’t show the interior bowl either!

What conspiracy is this? (I kid)

I’m attaching a pic of my Eljer here for reference.
I’m just looking for a Dual-Flush with a slope interior bowl if that makes any sense.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 7973943C-B5CC-4905-B548-CCDDB572FD53.jpeg
    7973943C-B5CC-4905-B548-CCDDB572FD53.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 3594ADF3-58AF-4C7D-A7FF-7E85DB91D2FD.jpeg
    3594ADF3-58AF-4C7D-A7FF-7E85DB91D2FD.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 180

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Dual flush toilets are mostly going to have a very small water spot.
Avoid any Toto dual flush if you want traditional bowl design.
American Standard makes a pretty dual flush 3381.216.020. I own one, and it really likes to clog.
I recommend avoiding dual flush and go with Toto EcoDrake or Drake II. In a 1.28 gpf.
If not those, if you want to be sure of a good flush check out the MaP flush ratings before buying. Only choose a 1,000 grams per flush tested model.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks