For those that worry about freezing pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
We live in a mobile home and our well line comes up through the slab. We have always had concerns about freezing because winter does bring below zero temperatures here. The entry line has heat tape and insulation but I've always had concerns about leaving it plugged in all winter during the "above freezing" spells.
Then a couple years ago I found about about these outlets.

Farm Innovators TC-3 Cold Weather Thermo Cube Thermostatically Controlled Outlet - On at 35-Degrees/Off at 45-Degrees

ThermoCube.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
My dad wired in a thermostat to the outlet that controlled the heat tape.. looks like a simpler version of that design.

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
And just another idea ............ You can buy a indoor / outdoor wireless thermometer with multiple remotes for under $25. I have the base in the kitchen ... one remote outside and one next to the water piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks