4 week lead time for ordering AC parts??

Users who are viewing this thread

Theodore

Reaction score
Hi, I've been waiting for 4+weeks for my AC guy to get parts in from "the supply house" to repair my mini split system (SeaBreeze mini split heat pump, model SMZ42H46ZOGX). On Labor Day, I had him order a valve and it took until October 1 for it to arrive and then he installed. But then, suction line temperature senor of one air handler, and the insulation jacket of the compressor were damaged. I'm still waiting for those two items to arrive since he ordered on October 1. Is this... normal?? I hear rumors of people blaming the pandemic, but it's a lousy bunch of parts that can be mailed in a Priority Mail package... not a freight shipment.
Would like to know if you all in the industry are experiencing the same delays.
Thanks
Theodore

Last edited:

ALMobile

Reaction score
Hi, I've been waiting for 4+weeks for my AC guy to get parts in from "the supply house" to repair my mini split system (SeaBreeze mini split heat pump, model SMZ42H46ZOGX). On Labor Day, I had him order a valve and it took until October 1 for it to arrive and then he installed. But then, suction line temperature senor of one air handler, and the insulation jacket of the compressor were damaged. I'm still waiting for those two items to arrive since he ordered on October 1. Is this... normal?? I hear rumors of people blaming the pandemic, but it's a lousy bunch of parts that can be mailed in a Priority Mail package... not a freight shipment.
Would like to know if you all in the industry are experiencing the same delays.
Thanks
Theodore
I run a small mobile home parts store in Alabama. We sell many HVAC parts as well as units. What used to take us a week to get now is three. We are told a shortage of aluminum is effecting the manufacturing of certain units and coils. This is also making the lead time on my door and windows much longer. I am not saying this is the case with you, however it is possible he is being truthful. I’ve been waiting on some mobile home “a coils “ since august, we were first told September and here it is November and still nothing. I understand the frustration on both ends.

Theodore

Reaction score
Just closing the loop on this: finally got parts today. Apparently a strange disconnect between ordering and billing at the manufacturer where they said the part existed in ordering's catalog, but not when the call was transferred to billing department where it was not in their catalog. Bizarre. Thank you all. New question is forthcoming via separate post.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Just closing the loop on this: finally got parts today. Apparently a strange disconnect between ordering and billing at the manufacturer where they said the part existed in ordering's catalog, but not when the call was transferred to billing department where it was not in their catalog. Bizarre. Thank you all. New question is forthcoming via separate post.
Did you phone the distributor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks