How to re-install riser tube...tips and Tricks

Users who are viewing this thread

Rotaris

If its not broke, fix it until it is!
Reaction score
Everytime I remove the head off of my Iron filter tank, the riser tube sticks and lifts my tube up.
I have applied some plumbers grease to prevent. Does not help

I then have used compressed air down the tube to help re-seat it. Still sticks up a 1/4 inch above the tank.
Hope this is o.k.?? I know its supposed to be flush. The best I can get??
Clack valve 10x54 tank.
Any tips and tricks to install without removing media?
Thanks

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
We have special device that eliminates this problem. It is cheap and simple to install. Otherwise the Vortech tanks are great to prevent this. I stick a garden hose down the tube and try to blast the media away, this is marginally successful.

Skyjumper

Reaction score
you should be fine with 1/4" above tank. I've found if you continue turning the valve while you pull up on it the riser stays put.

Rotaris

If its not broke, fix it until it is!
Reaction score
We have special device that eliminates this problem. It is cheap and simple to install. Otherwise the Vortech tanks are great to prevent this. I stick a garden hose down the tube and try to blast the media away, this is marginally successful.
Could you tell me how to purchase one these special devices or explain what it is.?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Riser retainer clamp, the shipping will cost far more then the part. I am not sure what the cost to Canada is, i have a few companies that can ship this for you.
upload_2020-10-22_16-36-49.png

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My water guy uses an RV water pump with the outlet connected to the riser so it pushes water down to wash the gravel or media out from under the bottom basket. The pump intake is kept above the media so it recirculates the water.

Movnmik

Reaction score
To embed my new riser tube I simply blew down the tube. No equipment, no time lost easy peasy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks