Brine line UP and over and Down

Users who are viewing this thread

Rotaris

If its not broke, fix it until it is!
Reaction score
I would prefer to install Brine line for my softner in the same room as softner.
The room is small. I need to go up 4 feet over 7 feet then down, approx 6 feet into the back of salt tank.

This is a clack WS1 valve

Is this o.k. to try and how would I test?
New unit, I was thinking 5 gallons of water in brine tank, maybe food coloring? Run a regen before in service.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is this o.k. to try and how would I test?
Should be fine. No test needed IMO, as long as you don't introduce a leak or a kink. I am not a pro.

If you want to test anyway, pre-fill the brine tank with enough water to come up to the middle of the check valve, and then add the amount of water the softener would meter in each time. 5 or 6 gallons should be plenty for a 10x54 inch media tank.

Let the water sit for at least an hour. Then do a regen. Typically expect the water to be drawn down to the middle of the air check valve in less than 20 minutes into the brine draw cycle if the brine draw cycle is programmed for 60 minutes.

I guess you could do the same test without salt, but it might take a little extra initial water depending.

Last edited:

Rotaris

If its not broke, fix it until it is!
Reaction score
Thanks Reach! Sounds great, I am sure I will have a lot more questions. Seems in the water world it never ends, always questions:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks