Looking for recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Jamie502

Reaction score
looking for some recommendations on what to do to make my well water taste better, it has a strong metal taste due to high iron. I’m wondering what to do to make this better, the water is much clearer now that the well has developed. Just wonder what is needed for the iron issue and if a softener is needed at all also.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• AD43B8EB-6781-4138-B8C4-F8D5E4F0D9BD.jpeg
    AD43B8EB-6781-4138-B8C4-F8D5E4F0D9BD.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 151

Skyjumper

Reaction score
you will get many opinions here. my opinion - you have really good water and all you need is a good water softener. it will easily remove the iron and the minimal amount of hardness. since it will be removing iron you should get a quality softener that is easy to maintain, since you will have to clean it. The Clack WS1 is the best softener valve for this application, in my opinion. you have to buy one through a dealer and it is worth the investment. you can easily service it yourself. you should also regularly clean the resin to remove the iron build up to maintain softener performance. there are special resin cleaners for this, and this is in addition to normal salt regeneration.

don't bother with a dedicated iron filter. you don't need one. they are too much hassle and will probably make your water worse.

KPS water

Reaction score
Based on that water report we would recommend installing a 2.5 ft.³ automatic acid neutral followed by a demand water softener. With this system you will raise your pH to a neutral level and achieve both iron and hardness removal with the water softener. Just keep in mind it looks like you’re here in Connecticut a water softener would need to discharge into a dry well as per state code. The acid neutralizer does not and could discharge into the septic/ sewer. I’m not sure of the logistics is a new house or a newly drilled well?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks