Propane fireplace keeps going out.

Users who are viewing this thread

DYI13

Reaction score
I have an older non-vented Desa propane fireplace insert that was shutting off for no apparent reason. I replaced the OD sensor and it still kept happening.

I took the insert out and tested it outside using my 20 lb grill propane tank and regulator. Worked fine. So maybe it's my house propane tank regulator.

I'd like to hook up my 20 lb grill propane tank and regulator and see if the insert will run properly when in my fireplace. The regulator hose is 3/8 inch, so I'll have to get an adapter to match the 1/2 inch corrugated metal pipe that runs for 40 feet in my basement to the fireplace.

Here's the question. Does the 20 lb tank and 3/8 hose regulator have enough oomph to push gas 40 feet through the 1/2 pipe and to my fireplace? If not, this test will tell me nothing.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks