An update to yesterday's post: leaky bathtub faucet and handles

Users who are viewing this thread

sourblade

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I made this post yesterday:

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/am-i-being-ripped-off.90351/#post-649033

and just wanted to give everyone who commented there what the current status is.

When I made that post yesterday I was in a rush and in a pretty heated move because I was headed to work and couldn't take the day off so I had to call other family to stay home and watch while the plumbers made repairs. I was also pissed off that earlier action would've made things a lot simpler and not had to result in this headache and stress. Regardless of whether Im paying for repairs or not, a bad landlord, while uncommon, is still a bad landlord and apartment prices have skyrocketed these last few years so moving isnt an option right now unfortunately otherwise I would've left a long time ago.

Below are the pictures of what the replacement is. I searched around and this seems to be what they installed:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MOEN-Ad...alve-in-Chrome-Valve-Included-82603/300213962

moen-adler-shower.jpg

There seem to be mixed reviews online because despite claiming to be chrome it's mostly made out of polyurethane and that there's no volume control. There's also a mixed bag on how long it lasts compared to fully metal counterparts.

202010240839027a1d3071e74804e6.jpg

20201024_080014.jpg

Can anyone tell me their personal or professional experience or tips regarding these types of parts?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The repair looks professional. Moen is a popular brand, with lifetime warranty on parts (Labor not included).
The drywall hole cover on the back side looks clean and finished, and will allow for future access, if and when you need it.
What else would you like the LL to do?
Would you mind telling us how big the place is and what is the rent?

Gagecalman

Reaction score
I guess I'm confused.

If you're the tenant why are you concerned about any of this? Did you have to pay for the repairs?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That valve is going to be much better than what you had. It's pressure balanced and will prevent "shower shock" while showering. You should be glad that you're now in our century with that plumbing.

moen-82603.jpg

Moen 82603

sourblade

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I'm just letting past bad experiences with this landlord and getting stuff fixed by one of her many "fly by night handymen" affect what may possibly be the one actually professional fix that's been done here.

Moen, along with Delta, are good brands so hopefully those bad reviews on the Home Depot website were flukes.

That valve is going to be much better than what you had. It's pressure balanced and will prevent "shower shock" while showering. You should be glad that you're now in our century with that plumbing.

moen-82603.jpg

Moen 82603

Thanks for the reassurance, Terry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks