1-1/4" submersible well pump outlet to 1" pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

TheDude85

Reaction score
My well pump just went out, and in my desperation I could only find a couple of options for replacement pumps that I can get today. The pump I pulled out was on 125" feet of 1" pipe, but the replacement pump I found has a 1-1/4" outlet. I've looked everywhere I could locally, but cannot find 1-1/4" pipe that I can get within a week. Is it going to be a problem for my new pump if I use a 1-1/4" to 1" adapter to run through the 1" pipe to my pressure tank?
Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
No problem for 10 gpm or less.

Is that threaded schedule 80 PVC pipe you have? If it is steel pipe for house water, I would wait. Maybe a neighbor could let you hook up hose-spigot to hose-spigot during the interval. They have hoses they sell for potable water that does not impart that rubber taste/smell.

TheDude85

Reaction score
No problem for 10 gpm or less.

Is that threaded schedule 80 PVC pipe you have? If it is steel pipe for house water, I would wait. Maybe a neighbor could let you hook up hose-spigot to hose-spigot during the interval. They have hoses they sell for potable water that does not impart that rubber taste/smell.

It's 160 psi poly NSF piping.

Onokai

Reaction score
Get a brass or stainless 1 1/4 to 1 inch adaptor and use your 1 inch pipe. You can get them on the net or maybe locally as well. Do not use a plastic adaptor. I like to use new stuff in wells that are going back into the hole.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks