Replacing cast iron drain Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

mspears

Reaction score
Hello,

I hired this plumber , after been paid, he will not return my calls . Now, I'm forced to try to fix this on my own. After doing some research, I believe he installed the san -tee backward. I'm unsure whether it should be turn 45 degree or not. Please help me to fix this mess.

I'm unsure of exactly what I need to cut out and replace. And if I turn the tee 45 degree how to get the drain line to connect to the vent in the limited space available.

Here are the before and after pictures. I have one question. Why can't I connect to the vent like the before pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20200922_084253148 (1).jpg

IMG_20200929_173554305 (1).jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the smaller PVC pipe coming from the lavatory (bathroom sink)?

Is the bigger PVC trap and pipe the drain for the shower?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It should have been a wye fitting, and tilted up to be higher than the trap arm to the tub if possible.

And yes, it was backwards.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks