Check valve needed on 2 pipe jet pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Theodore

Reaction score
Does a 2 pipe jet pump (100ft deep, 1.25" and 1" dia pipes) need a check valve on its discharge pipe, in between the pump and a pressure tank?
I suspect it would do more harm than good.

Thanks
Theodore

Reach4

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you are right.

slowgsr

Reaction score
A few years ago my foot valve or piping on my 2 line jet starting leaking, in itself will only hold 15psi, so I put a check between the pump feed and the pressure switch, keeps my house/tank up to pressure but the pump drop lines pressure quickly drop to 12-15psi or so.

Been working flawless for a few years, however I'm in the middle of converting my dug well to a submersible since I know sooner then later ill probably loose my prime.

Theodore

Reaction score
Thanks All.
Just replaced foot valve AND both hoses going down the well today.
I suspected the foot valve was leaky, but while pulling up the hoses, we found a pinhole leak in one about 40ft down! So opted to replace both just to be sure. Guy who was doing the bulk of the work with me got confused and asked about a check valve... which confused me too for a moment, hence my post. But it makes sense to avoid another check valve because it could end up needlessly triggering the pump to switch on/off rapidly.
Thank you again.
Theodore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks