Moen faucet stuck..

Users who are viewing this thread

Thundercats

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here. I have a Moen EVA faucet (see attached picture). The top handle of the cold water has become too tight and now when you try to open or close it, the whole unit moves instead of just the handle. I tried tightening the nut under the sink but then it becomes too tight to open/close. I have replaced this in the past like 2 years before because of the same issue. Moen send me the handle and the valve stem and I replaced it. But this time I can't get the top handle and unit to unscrew off of the valve stem. It has become so tight. I tried spraying some penetrating oil on it but has not made any difference. I have tried hitting it with a hammer to loosen it but it just doesn't budge.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can get the handle unit off the valve stem. Also let me know if this is an issue with the handle or is it the cartridge within the valve stem that is causing the handle to become tight. Would be interested to know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Moen eva faucet.jpg
    Moen eva faucet.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
Drill the set screw if it has one or if it’s from the top then drill the head off the screw. It can be tough but that’s what I’ve had to do for other reasons.

Thundercats

Reaction score
Drill the set screw if it has one or if it’s from the top then drill the head off the screw. It can be tough but that’s what I’ve had to do for other reasons.
There are no screws on the top handle or the upper unit. The unit just screws unto the valve stem. I have reached out to Moen to send me a replacement. Will need to probably call a plumber and see what can be done.

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
I see. Get a strap wrench and try to get it off that way to keep from damaging the handle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks