Wall Mounted Toilet Interchangeability?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Kennedy

Reaction score
I just installed a Kohler K-18829 in wall carrier. Sadly as I've been doing the project, it looks as though the Toto Aquia bowl has much better reviews than the Kohler Veil(as far as skid marks). I was wondering has anyone mounted a Toto bowl on a Kohler carrier? The specification sheets show the mounting studs and locations for the inlet and outlet are spaced the same but there's no specs listed for the actual inlet and outlet diameter. I was hoping to get some confirmation before I purchase a bowl.

k-18829.jpg

k-6299-veil.jpg

veil-rough-01.jpg

aquia-wall-hung-rough-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kind of looks similar. I've wondered that too. I know that Duravit and the TOTO are compatible. I've wondered since Kohler looks similar if it was too.

Joe Kennedy

Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a
Toto CT428CFG. I guess I’ll be the guinea pig to find out if it’s compatible with the kohler carrier. Will report back with findings

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don’t have a lot of experience with these but I sold plumbing supplies for a couple of years and always wondered how interchangeable they were. They seem to all be close anyway.

Good info.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks