Most reliable rough-in shower valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hories

Reaction score
Getting ready to have a bathroom remodel and was wondering if there was one shower valve brand more reliable than others?

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Delta Multi choice
Sylvan

Picture added below by Terry
The Delta valve body has many choices for trims.

delta_multichoice.jpg

delta-lahara-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Yikes

I never installed a Delta shower body that did not have integral stops

Why have to use either tile stops or shut the riser or water main to repair the shower ?

Delta Faucet R10000-UNWSHF MultiChoice Universal Shower Valve Body for Shower Faucet Trim Kits (with Screwdriver Stops)

r10000-with-stops.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo Sui

Reaction score
Does the valve only fit Delta trim? I got a Danze trim set and want to use it for my show remodel. Since I'm not going to changing the plumbing, I want to see if I can still use the old valve. The shower is like 30 years old. Should I forget about the Danze and just go get a whole set including the valve?

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does the valve only fit Delta trim? I got a Danze trim set and want to use it for my show remodel. Since I'm not going to changing the plumbing, I want to see if I can still use the old valve. The shower is like 30 years old. Should I forget about the Danze and just go get a whole set including the valve?

I would replace. I have seen some that are interchangeable but it’s not by design rather by mistake. You will be happier just buying new one. Delta had a lifetime finish warranty if you wanted to check into that but I’d get all new everything if it’s in the budget.

Jo Sui

Reaction score
I would replace. I have seen some that are interchangeable but it’s not by design rather by mistake. You will be happier just buying new one. Delta had a lifetime finish warranty if you wanted to check into that but I’d get all new everything if it’s in the budget.

Thank you. Will do that and get a new set.
I need to replace the roman bath faucets too. Got a set of faucets trim only. (I should've done more researches before I made the purchase.)
The tile guy will open the side of the tub so all the pipes will be very accessible. Most faucets I saw at HD or Lowes don't come with valves. Should I buy a generic valve too just to be safe? I

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you. Will do that and get a new set.
I need to replace the roman bath faucets too. Got a set of faucets trim only. (I should've done more researches before I made the purchase.)
The tile guy will open the side of the tub so all the pipes will be very accessible. Most faucets I saw at HD or Lowes don't come with valves. Should I buy a generic valve too just to be safe? I

I would recommend going to a supply house showroom if you have one nearby. They can get you exactly what you need and want.

The delta shower valve is r10000 and has several connections types like copper pex make etc. it will fit anything you’re probably wanting unless you need a diverted for a sprayer or rain head. And when I say fit anything I mean deltas trim selection. Even their thermostatic cartridge.

The valve for the Roman tub will pretty much follow those same guidelines although not quite.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks