Bathroom vanity remodel: drain and supply line heights

Users who are viewing this thread

Temp945

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently doing a bathroom remodel.

It seems that the standard is to install the supply lines higher than the drain line - but is this necessary? If so, why? Is it a code issue or just convention?

I currently have my supply lines lower than the drain line - I've attached a photo below. Is this OK?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2274_(Medium).jpeg
    IMG_2274_(Medium).jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 220

Temp945

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Is there any reason that convention is for the drain to be lower than the supplies?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
not really dont bother analizing its fine no issue whatsoever no offence i guess of some interest but no concern

Last edited:

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe it's the norm to have supplies higher so a drainline can angle out of the wall as necessary to connect to the p-trap in a simple fashion.

Is it necessary? No. But it can make life easier. A lot of supplies come through floors, and sit in the way, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks