What's current code? water meter to house piping. Los Angeles county.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pman6

Reaction score
I have galvanized pipe running from the meter to the house, and eventually it will fail and need to be replaced.

What's the reliable and most cost effective code conforming pipe to run from the meter to the house?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plastic, Cheap , legal, long lasting. Some claim health issues, cancer yada yada who knows. PVC is what I've installed mostly on homes but PEX is common here today. CPVC may be an option I've never used it for water service but hear that sometimes sch 80 (thick) is used on hotels etc.
Copper is still an option and its higher cost may or may not be significant IE 30 foot service not a big savings running plastic.
Other types of "poly" might be used still I have no knowledge on them

FWIW PVC was overwhelmingly the most common during my career in So Ca but it could have changed since my house plumbing career has evolved in last 15 years to other aspects of the piping trades

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks