Help with new well water treatment system

Users who are viewing this thread

Shane Byerly

Reaction score
We drilled a new well on our property in central Oregon near La pine, ran several hundred gallons of water out of the well, then had it tested. Not real good , looking for help on putting together a water treatment system. my wife isnt good with stained clothes or toilets really. Looking to install the system myself. Thanks

PH 7.46
Specific Conductance 198.7
arsenic 0.0030 mg/liter
Chloride 1.33 mg/liter
Flouride ND
Hardness 86 mg/liter
Iron 0.468 mg/liter
manganese 0.200 mg/liter
Nitrate ND
sodium 9.14 mg/liter
sulfate 16.2 mg/liter
copper,lead,zinc ND

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is one area as not to try to build your own treatment plan and then buying the stuff on line. Your best bet it to pay more by going through a local water treatment company. They know the area and what works best. Let them do the install and this way you'll get some warranty and service available. Ex. if you buy everything yourself and do a DIY install and it doesn't take care of your problems, now what. You spent a lot of money and the clothes are still getting stained, etc. Say it works but then a year from now something goes wrong, who do you call? It's just my opinion. Water treatment is a tricky area and I'm sure you'll get some advice here. Any neighbors nearby? Ask them what they are using would be a good starting point.

Last edited:

Shane Byerly

Reaction score
This is one area as not to try to build your own treatment plan and then buying the stuff on line. Your best bet it to pay more buy going through a local water treatment company. They know the area and what works best. Let them do they install and this way you'll get some warranty and service available. Ex. if you buy everything yourself and do a DIY install and it doesn't take care of your problems, now what. You spent a lot of money and the clothes are still getting stained, etc. Say it works but then a year from now something goes wrong, who do you call? It's just my opinion. Water treatment is a tricky area and I'm sure you'll get some advice here. Any neighbors nearby? Ask them what they are using would be a good starting point.

Shane Byerly

Reaction score
Neither of my neighbors treat their water, I get the part about a pro install, the problem is getting a good company that doesnt nickel and dime you to death, i have dealt with that the last 20 years.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Your water looks fairly decent, a simple softener may be adequate with some brine pH adjustment. A Katalox Light way not be a bad idea but do you have a complete test or just those results?

DIYMissus

Reaction score
It's not rocket science and the experts on here are ever patient. If something breaks you follow the troubleshooting guide, identify the part ,order the part and replace it . Since you've put in the system yourself you'll have a good idea how to do that. DIYers usually get the manufacturer's warranty. Checking in here is a good idea before buying any parts and they are very helpful with the trouble shooting part. I bought everything online so far so good except now I know more than I ever wanted to about water treatment.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks