Any min. height for stub out required by code for kitchen and bathroom sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
We are in Tacoma WA

Is there any code that says there should be certain min. height required from floor to shut off valve where you put escutcheon? I think professionals call it stub out

I know std. height is 19" for drain and 22" for sink supply lines. but is it required by code ?
same question I have for bathroom supply lines stub out height ..any height required by code?

Crush62

Journey Level Plumber/State Certified Plmbg Instr
Reaction score
Its all subjective...There is no code out there that references stub out height for water OR waste. Too many different style of fixtures. Example...On new construction, IF you are having a top mount KS one would rough in water @ 20" & waste 18". However, knowing what type of fixtures & base cove you decide.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you know what the fixtures you're going to use are, then, rough-in the bits where they both look good and fit. There is no industry standard that will work in every situation. For example, some faucets come with integrated hoses. Some sinks are deeper than others. Some sinks like a pedestal one will only work when things are in very precise positions. Throw in a disposer in a kitchen sink, and your waste location may not work. Decide you want a deeper sink, it won't work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks