Sump well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

CE1234

Reaction score
So totally new to basement, sump pits and wells!

Just bought 50 year old home that supposedly never had any water issues. The sump pit is undersized and is on 14 inches wide by 18 inches deep.

previous owner use a 1/3 ho pedestal pump only hooked up to a battery backup but with no secondary pump.

I would prefer to us two singular pumps not a combo thus having a primary and battery backup pumps. Suggestions on both pumps that are quality and will fit / work effortlessly in this pit?

one vendor via email looking picture stated that I needed an expensive enlargement of pit.

thanks in advance for any and all guidance, advice and suggestions.

Attachments

• 585195CF-258A-4FCC-8811-0346E35A08D9.jpeg
    585195CF-258A-4FCC-8811-0346E35A08D9.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 136

Gagecalman

Reaction score
I've had excellent results using a HydroCheck HC6000 "Hi-Lo Sump Pump Controller" with a manual pump. No floats to hang up and no mechanical switches to go bad. There are two sensors so you can set the on/off height where it works best for your situation and to reduce short cycling.

I've used the Liberty 230 pump in the past. The 233 will also work. Just don't use the float.

I also use a Basepump water powered backup sump pump. If you are on city water and not on a well they work great.

I hope this helps.
Jim

Martin Boring

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with a sump size but I move a lot of water. When we bought the farm 35 years ago there was water in the basement in the spring so we cut the floor and put drain tile and a plastic tub pit the local wholesaler had not knowing we were going to be pumping water year around and would have put in a bigger sump pit if I would have known. I didn't want to tear the floor back out and put a bigger one in after I found out how much water we were going to be pumping. I have tried a bunch of pumps over the years and none of battery back ups lasted or did most sump pumps they cycled too much. I finally installed a AMT pump not cheap and a UPS system so if the power goes out it switches to it to run the pump. I am on a well so a water powered back up won't work. This AMT pump and UPS system has been in there for seven years now and no problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks